Our Limited Warranty
Monument Shutter Co. will warrant all of our product lines for one (1) year from the date of shipment. We warrant the shutter to be free of defects that render the shutter unusable or unfit for ordinary applications. We also warrant that the shutter will be free of manufacturing defects for the life of the shutter. After the initial one (1) year period, rot or any deterioration in either the wood or manmade composites is specifically excluded from this warranty. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to maintain the shutters in such a way as to prevent rotting of the wood.
At our sole discretion, Monument Shutter Co. will repair or replace product if found to contain manufacturing or material defects with prior written consent. There will be no refunds issued. We will not be held liable for any damage or defects resulting from modification or repairs done by the customer. Final warranty inspection will be done at our facility. If claim is found to be invalid, repair or replacement will be paid for by customer. Monument Shutter Co. will not pay for any painting or re-installation of our shutters. If there is a failure of the paint or primer we apply, the manufacturer's warranty of the paint or primer is the only valid warranty and claims will have to be made through their warranty department. We use only the high quality, high cost paints and primers that are frequently tested for durability in the harshest conditions and we stringently control our painting and priming process. All products are applied per manufacturer's instructions.
This warranty is valid only if product is properly and completely primed and painted using oil-based paints or sealed top, boom and all sides and surfaces with two additional finish coats.
- In the event of shipping damage, replacement shutters will be moved to the front of the production line and re-shipped as soon as possible. Under no circumstances will credit be given for damaged orders.
- Warranty requires the use of the shutter hardware shipped from Monument Shutter Co. at the time of purchase.
- Shutters up to 48" require a minimum of two (2) hinges per panel.
- Shutters from 49" to 96" require a minimum of three (3) hinges per panel
- Shutters over 96" require a minimum of four (4) hinges per panel.
- All products require inspection within 10 business days of delivery. Freight damage claims reported beyond ten (10) business days from delivery will not be considered.
- Shutters exceeding 90" in height and 36" in width will incur a handling charge.