Below are our recommended Vinyl exterior shutter installation instructions using shutter-loks or screws.
For Use on Surfaces Including:
Considerations Before Beginning:
- Shutters require room to expand & contract. To prevent shutters from warping, proper installation must be followed.
- Do not over-tighten fasteners. Wall anchors are required for shutters installed with screws on any type of masonry.
Items list for Installation:
- ✓ Power Drill (If drilling into masonry - a hammer drill may be necessary)
- ✓ 1/4” Drill Bit (for SHUTTER-LOKS)
- ✓ 11/64” Drill Bit (for SCREWS)
- ✓ Hammer
- ✓ Phillips Head Screwdriver
- ✓ Measuring tape
- ✓ Pencil or Marker
- ✓ Shutter-Lok or screws
Steps for Installation:
- Prepare to locate screw holes by laying the shutter face DOWN on a clean, flat surface. Use illustration shown as a suggestion for ideal placement of shutter-lok or screws.
- Drill hole through the back of the shutter at the suggested ideal placement locations.
- Position the shutter on the house next to the window. Using a pencil or marker to mark the mounting hole locations on the building.
- Remove the shutter and where marked drill a 1/4” diameter hole (for shutter-loks) or 11/64” diameter hole (for screws) through surface of building to a depth of 3-1/4".
- Position the shutter on the house next to the window and gently tap shutter spike with a hammer (or) drive in the screw, using a hand screwdriver, so as not to over drive or over-tighten.