Installing Monument Shutter Co.'s exterior shutters won't take long, even if you're a DIY novice. Actually, most of our customers have referred to installing the shutters as an easy, fulfilling weekend project - even if they choose to paint themselves!
- Make sure to use the recommended tools.
- Wear safety goggles.
- Follow the fixture, power tools, and paint manufacturers’ instructions and user manuals.
- Use common sense and follow good construction practices.
Tools & Material Checklist:
- Monument Shutter Co. Shutters
- Electric drill
- 1/8” drill bit
- Proper screws for installation surface
- Pencil, marker, or chalk
Fixed/Decorative Hardware Instructions:
- Determine the position for the shutter by matching up the top and bottom of the shutter with the window and mark its position.
- Mark the shutter where you will fasten it to your installation surface.
- Using a 1/8” bit drill pilot holes where you marked the shutter.
- Using a level set the shutter in place and fasten using the correct screws for your installation surface. Be sure not to over-tighten the screws.